Pennsbury School District
134 Yardley Avenue
PO Box 338
Fallsington, Pennsylvania 19058-0338
Superintendent: William J. Gretzula, Ed.D.
Comprised of : Falls and Lower Makefield Townships; Tullytown and Yardley Boroughs
Size of District: 49 square miles
Description: Pennsbury School District is comprised
of four municipalities located in the southeastern corner of Bucks
County, Pennsylvania: Yardley Borough, Lower Makefield Township, Falls
Township, and Tullytown Borough. The economically-diverse community
residents range from industrial workers to professionals who commute
daily to New York City and Philadelphia. With an enrollment of
approximately 10,200, Pennsbury School District currently has ten
elementary schools (K-5), three middle schools (6-8), and one high
school with two campus buildings. Our ethnic composition of enrollment
is as follows: American Indian: 0.18%; Asian: 6.37%; Black or African
American: 6.1%; Hispanic or Latino: 4.22%; Mixed: 5.53%; and White
Budget: 2016-2017 School Year - $195,215,810
- Of this total, 63.8 percent goes toward the instructional program
- Percent of revenue from local sources - 74.3 percent
- Total students bused per year - 12,013* (includes private schools)
- Number of schools serviced - 56
- Number of buses and vans in fleet - 104
- Pennsbury HS Named to Newsweek magazine's Top High Schools of 2014.
- District named to National AP Honor Roll.
- Recognized by Standard & Poor's for well above average student results and exceptional above average AP courses.
- School District Named National District of Character in 2015 by Character.org in Washington, D.C.
- All schools received national recognition from Character.org
- Harmonious, productive relations between Board of School Directors and District Administration.
- Ongoing and intense evaluation of rigorous academic standards.
- Major administrative focus on communications and community outreach.
* total Pennsbury enrollment: 10,495 (elementary and secondary) as of September, 2016