The well-being and safety of all students are a top priority in the Pennsbury School District. Please be aware that parents who volunteer in the school, and parents who volunteer to be a field trip chaperone must obtain a background check/clearance in advance. This will be strictly enforced to comply with District Policy and to ensure the safety of the children. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and compliance with this policy.
How do I Obtain Background Clearances:
1. Act 34 Criminal Background Check: You may obtain this online at
https://epatch.state.pa.us. The cost for this clearance is free.
2. Act 151 Child Abuse History Clearance: You may obtain this online at
https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home. The cost for this clearance is free.
3. FBI Clearance/Fingerprinting*: Application forms and instructions are available at http://www.pa.cogentid.com/index.htm. You must register prior to going to the fingerprinting location.
*A prospective volunteer is required to obtain only the Pennsylvania State criminal background and child abuse clearances, and is not required to secure the above FBI/fingerprint clearance if, and only if, the following three conditions are met:
- The prospective volunteer is applying for an unpaid position;
- The prospective volunteer has been a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania continuously for the prior ten (10) year period; and
- The prospective volunteer swears or affirms in writing that the prospective volunteer has never been convicted of a disqualifying crime in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or another state, district or foreign nation, or under a former law of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Please be aware that background/safety clearances may take four weeks or longer to obtain.
If you are interested in being a chaperone, please plan accordingly and obtain your paperwork early.
NOTE: Clearances will need to be renewed every 5 years.