Senior Citizen Property Tax Rebate
On June 17, 2021, the Pennsbury School Board of Directors made a motion to approve a Senior Citizen Tax Rebate for eligible seniors in the Pennsbury Community. The Senior Tax Rebate application is linked at the bottom of this page. The purpose of the program is to provide property tax relief to our senior citizens.
Rebates are based on household income. In order to qualify:
- Your TOTAL household income must be less than $35,000 and
- You or your spouse must have reached the age of 65 by December 31, 2021, and
- Your rebate property must be your primary residence
A signed copy of your PA Property Tax Rebate Application, Form PA-1000, and proof of receipt of payment, MUST be included with your Tax Rebate form. We understand the state will not process refunds until after June 30, 2022. That is why the deadline for the school district rebate is December 31, 2022.
If you are a widow or widower who is 50 years of age or older and qualified previously because your spouse was 65 years old or older, you will not be excluded from the program because of your age.
The school district will make every effort to send your rebate within eight weeks of receipt of your application. However, our success in this area will depend on your cooperation in providing all the necessary information and substantiating documents and by filing your claim as early as possible.
Please call the Pennsbury School District Financial Services Department at 215-428-4128 if:
- You have not received a rebate or correspondence from us after eight weeks of submitting your application.
- You have any questions about the rebate program
- You require assistance completing the application