Welcome to the Transportation Department
The Pennsbury Transportation Department transports almost 9,000 students daily, and our primary concern is their safe and timely travel. To improve student safety, we have added cameras with audio on all district school buses. The district also utilizes Stopfinder GPS tracking for our buses, which enables parents to receive alerts regarding their child's bus. In addition, we have partnered with Bus Patrol to identify vehicles that pass our buses when they are picking up or dropping off children, causing a potential safety issue.
The Pennsbury Board of School Directors provides transportation to and from school for all pupils (public and non-public) as follows:
Students in Grades K-5 shall be transported to and from school if they:
- Live more than 1.0 mile from school
- Live 1.0 mile or less from school but have hazardous walking conditions.
Middle School Students
Students in Grades 6-8 shall be transported to and from school if they:
- Live more than 1.5 miles from school
- Live 1.5 miles or less from school but have hazardous walking conditions.
Students in Grades 9-12 shall be transported to and from school if they:
- Live more than 1.8 miles from school
- Live 1.8 miles or less from school but have hazardous walking conditions.
In addition, certain transportation is furnished if hazardous walking conditions exist. "Hazardous walking conditions" will be determined by the Administration in each individual case and approved by the Board of School Directors. School bus stops are located in the best interest of the children for safety purposes.
Please note: If you desire your child to leave the bus at other than their regularly assigned stop, a written note must be furnished to the driver and the principal of your child's school.
Children should be informed of the following School Policy:
- School bus transportation is a privilege, not a right.
- Students are required to be at designated stops at least five minutes prior to the scheduled stop time and respect private property surrounding the stop.
- Students must obey the bus driver and abide by the rules that are posted on each bus.
- Parents are requested not to ask that their children ride a bus other than their regularly assigned bus.
Bus transportation is provided at the secondary level for after-school activities such as band practice, play practice, subject matter instruction, and athletics. Click here to view the late bus schedule.
Department StaffMilagro Aleman
215-428-4100, ext. 10074
Supervisor of Bus Maintenace
267-916-0335, ext. 10078
215-428-4100, ext. 10094
215-428-4100, ext. 10075
215-428-4100, ext. 10077
215-428-4100, ext. 10076