Pennsbury School District Equity Vision Statement
Equity for every learner
The Pennsbury School District is committed to fostering an inclusive educational environment that understands, respects, and embraces individual differences as assets that serve to enhance our school community. Educational equity-- the practice of distributing resources, access, and opportunity based on fairness and justice regardless of race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, language, disability, or socioeconomic status-- will serve as the foundation of all decision-making to ensure equitable outcomes for every learner.
- caring, supportive relationships, feelings of belonging, and social emotional development are foundational to healthy identity development and meaningful learning.
- all students deserve access to and opportunity for academic excellence and positive identity development in school.
- culturally relevant curricula, universally designed instructional practices, and diverse extracurricular programs foster academic success, strong character, positive identity
development, and civility in all of our students.
- faculty and staff composed of diverse backgrounds and talents are essential to supporting culturally responsive instruction and practice.
- strong, supportive family-school and community-school partnerships are essential to student success and an inclusive educational environment.
- learning is a lifelong process and intelligence can be developed through effort and perseverance.
- self-awareness, critical reflection of system processes, and data driven practices are essential to growth and accountability.
Updated January 2021